Using Social Poll Broadcast Data Source Remote Control
Remote Control allows you to operate a Social Poll Data Source simply, changing only the settings needed for live operation. You can access Remote Control by going to the Broadcast data source General Settings tab and clicking on Open Remote Control.
With the Remote Control you can:
- Show and hide the poll on the graphics scene connected to this data source.
- Open and Close the poll and reflect that on the connected graphics scene.
- Enable or disable fight mode.
- See the status of each Flow connected to this broadcast data source.
- See the number of total votes for each option and its percentage.
- Go back to the broadcast data source settings by clicking on the icon .
All these actions are automatically executed; you do not need to save changes for them to be applied.
To be able to use all the features supported by the remote control on your connected graphic scene, you must use the broadcast data source highest version. This way the necessary fields will be available on the broadcast data source exposed data, XML or database table depending on your integration.
Showing and hiding the poll on the graphics scene connected to this broadcast data source
Its current state will be reflected in the following way:
- On a database integration as a column called isLive.
- On an XML integration as the element isLive.
<poll> <isLive>true|false</isLive> ... </poll>
Its value can be true or false.
A graphic artist can use this field to control the behavior of the scene connected to this Data Source, i.e., it can show or hide the poll based on its value.
Open and Close the poll and reflect that on the connected graphics scene
When opening/closing the poll with:
its current state will be reflected in the following way:
- On a database integration as a column called status
- On an XML integration as the element status
<poll> <status>open|closed</status> ... </poll>
Its value can be open or closed and determines if the poll is still collecting votes or not.
A graphic artist can use this field to control the behavior of the scene connected to this Data Source, i.e., it can animate a transition to display the final results when the poll changed from open to closed.
Bear in mind that if the Experience is stopped, you will not be able to use the Remote Control or complete any action within it. If so, then you need to start your Experience.