Using Viz Trio and Flowics Atom feed you can build an integration to display your social media posts in your Vizrt graphics. This integration gives you the possibility to preview from Viz Trio the messages added in a Flowics collection.
To get started, you'll need to ensure that you have the following installed:
- Flowics Middleware 6.0.x or higher
- Vizrt Trio 3.2.6
If you don't already have the Middleware installed, you can learn how to download and install its latest version by clicking here or upgrading a previous version by clicking here.
Setting up a web service
Once you have the necessary software installed, you'll need to set up a web service since Viz TRIO cannot read XML files that are hosted locally. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the webapp folder in the Middleware (usually located at: C:\Flowics\middleware-cli-6.1\webapp)
- Create a subfolder within the webapp and name it "data". This is where the Middleware will write the atom files and host downloaded media.
- Go to the conf folder in the Middleware and add the following two lines in the configuration file (usually located at: C:\Flowics\middleware-cli-6.1\conf\middleware.properties)
To access the Middleware configuration, on the TOP menu in Flowics, click on SETTINGS and then choose Middlewares (if you don't have it listed then contact our support team at email@example.com)
Within the Middleware configuration, you need to:
- Type as Shared Folder Path the path of the folder previously created within the webapp.
The Integration mode must be File.
Creating a Collection Middleware Source
(1) From the home Project look for the Broadcast Middleware Soucers card and click on +.
(2) From the catalog of Middleware Sources choose the Collection. If it is not available please contact support.
Setting up a Collection Middleware Source
To set up a Collection Middleware Source, you must:
- Pick a collection. If you don't have one created go to the Content Inbox to create a new collection and feed it with social content. Learn more here.
- Go to the Integration tab > Pick the Middleware > click on the Checkmark to connect this Middleware Source with the Middleware
- In File Type select: atom
- Add a file name to identify the atom file locally stored. Remember to keep the extension .atom
It is a document format based on the XML format and allows searching for updates to content published on a website.
To see the content that is being stored in the .atom file, open your browser and type the following:
In that URL you can get the data written and downloaded by the Middleware on the web server.
This is the data that will be integrated with Viz TRIO.
Within Viz Trio the first step is:
- Import scene previously configured.
- Initialize scene.
To configure the trio template:
- Double-click on the scene.
- In the Editing Template Basic we select the option to link from the atom feed and paste the Atom feed URL.
- Configure the section for the author -> Author Name.
- Configure the section for the content -> Content.
- Configure the section for the thumbnail -> Thumbnail.
- Configure the section for the image -> Link image
- Configure the section for the contributor -> Summary.
- Save the template.
The Atom feed URL can be obtained from the web browser.
To select the post that we want to show in your graphic you must:
- Select the newly created template.
- Choose the post, now you will see a preview of the posts added to your collection in Flowics.
- Save as.
- Once saved, the post will appear in your Page List section and is ready to be displayed.