The media storage has changed its layout: now the http and https folders are prefixed with a version directory (v1). After you run and the Middleware completes a full cycle, you may remove the old http and https folders.
To upgrade the Middleware to its latest version follow the steps below:
A. Download the new version
- From the top bar menu, go to SETTINGS >> Broadcast Tools
- Click on Middleware App (from here you will always get the latest version).
- Or Download it here.
B. Stop the old Middleware
- If you are running the old Middleware as a standalone, press CTRL+C to stop it and then close the command line window.
- If you are running the old Middleware as a service, stop the service. Then uninstall the service running bin/flowics-middleware-uninstall-service.bat on the old Middleware folder.
C. Run the new Middleware
As a standalone run bin/flowics-middleware.bat on the new Middleware folder.
As a service:
- Install the service running bin/flowics-middleware-install-service.bat on the new Middleware folder.
- Start the service
To better understand, please read our Middleware installation guide at point 4.1 which describes how to upgrade the middleware from a previous version.
D. Check if the new Middleware is online
Go to SETTINGS >> Middlewares >> Monitoring to check that the Middleware is online, and that the version you just installed is being reported on the right.