How to create a comments full screen using Vizrt Data Reader + Flowics Middleware
If you are using Vizrt as your Graphics system but you do not have a Viz Social Module (Feed Streamer) you can integrate Flowics using the Vizrt Data Reader plugin.
- A DataPool configuration file (.dp)
Note: This .dp file defines the structure of the XML using a Ticker or Feed Data Source in Flowics.
- Flowics sample scene of a Comments Full Screen and customize it with your own look and feel.
- Make sure you have selected "Others" as integration type in the Data Source Integration settings in order to connect the Middleware.
- Import the Flowics_comments_fullscreen scene into the Viz Artist.
- Go to Control >> Control Objects
Use the feedUrl field to configure the XML path that will be read by the DataReader plugin.
- Understanding the scene tree:
is the "father" of the scene.
Contains a DataText plugin named POST_READER_CONSOLE. It is a variable in the DataPool from which the DataReader will read the data.
The DataText plugin allows visualization of the XML's data.
Reads the number of posts to display on your scene. Regarding the posts number in the XML, this field will be set automatically.
Contains the Script plugin that defines how incoming data is interpreted.
Having set the XML path in the feedUrl fields within the Object Control, there is no need to type the path in the data reader plugin.
Leave the other fields in the DataReader as they are.
- Type => .dp file. The list of types is created from the types defined in the configuration files (.dp files).
Controls other plugins' (geometry or function plugins) parameter values such as:
- Parameter Name: Defines the parameter that is controlled. (E.g. num_posts)
- Parameter Type: Defines the controlled plugin type. (E.g. Script)
It can be used to control properties that are not exposed in a specific plugin and requires some knowledge in the Viz Artist command language.
- It contains the data available to display 3 types of posts:
- Without image
- With image
- With video
- Each type of post contains the Stage Area that shows a representation of all animated elements in the scene.
- To change the size of the time range, place the mouse pointer over the bottom edges of the stage. The mouse pointer becomes a two-sided arrow. Drag to resize.
By unfolding the POST in the tree, you will find additional plugins that will allow you to apply your own look and feel, as follows:
- Post without image
- Post with image
- Post with video
Watch the video below to take a look at the scene: