How to create a comments Lower 3rd using Vizrt Data Reader + Flowics Middleware
If you are using Vizrt as your graphics engine, but you do not have a Viz Social Module (Feed Streamer), you can still use and integrate Flowics using the Vizrt Data Reader plugin, plus some additional plugins.
This article will show you how.
I. You need to have the Flowics Middleware installed and connected to a Ticker or Feed Data Source in Flowics.
The following are REQUIEREMENTS for integration through XML as the Input type:
- A DataPool configuration file (.dp)
Note: This .dp file defines the structure for Comments made connected to a Ticker or Feed Data Source.
- Flowics sample scene of a poll to customize it with your own look and feel.
How to integrate Flowics with VizArtist
Once you downloaded and imported the Flowics_comments scene into the VizArtist, go to Control >> Control Objects
- Use the feedUrl field to configure the XML path that will be read by the DataReader plugin.
- Understanding the scene tree:
The "father" of the scene.
READER_CONSOLE is a variable in the DataPool from which the DataReader will read the data.
The text allows the visualization of the XML's data.
Reads the number of posts to display on your scene. Regarding the posts number in the XML, this field will be set automatically.
Having set the XML path in the feedUrl fields within the Object Control, there is no need to type the path in the data reader plugin.
Leave the other fields in the data reader as they are.
- Type => .dp file. The list of types is created from the types defined in the configuration files (.dp files).
Controls other plugins' (geometry or function plugins) parameter values such as:
- Parameter Name: Defines the parameter that is controlled. (e.g., num_posts).
- Parameter Type: Defines the controlled plugin type (e.g., Script).
It can be used to control properties that are not exposed in a specific plug-in, and requires some knowledge in the Viz Artist command language.
It contains the Stage Tree Area that shows a representation of all animated elements in the scene.
To edit the animation keyframe:
- Click the Anim plugin on the Post container in the scene tree.
- It is possible to see a representation of the animation on the Stage (top menu).
- To change the size of the time range, place the mouse pointer over the bottom edges of the stage. The mouse pointer becomes a two-sided arrow. Drag to resize.
- When the Collection has two or more posts, automatic cycling is enabled. Its default value is 5 seconds.
Keep in mind:
- The number of characters supported is up to 280 characters but it has a 3-line space, so posts that have more than "3 enters" will not be completely displayed.
- Emojis: Keep in mind the social TV plugin TextHighlight is required to support emojis. For more information, contact the Vizrt support team.
Unfolding the POST in the tree, you will find additional plugins that will allow you to apply your own look and feel, as follows:
Watch the following video to take a quick look at the scene: