Importing a CSV file into an excel sheet
When importing the Flows' content or Form Audience to a CSV file you might find weird characters such as:
- EspaÃ±a instead of España.
- MÃ©xico instead of México.
This happens basically because the CSV file was not properly imported.
Note the encoding we use in all exports is UTF-8
Please follow the steps below to successfully import a CSV file (they will also help you to split the content into columns):
- Download the CSV
- Decompress/extract the file
- Open Excel
- Go to Data => Get External Data => From Text
- Select the file type of "CSV" and browse to your file.
- In the Import wizard, change the File_Origin to "65001: Unicode (UTF-8)" and then click Next.
- Pick the TAB Delimiters and then click Next.
- The column format remains in General
- Click Finish to finalize the process.
You now have a properly formatted (and Unicode-friendly) Excel worksheet.