This generic data connector primarily operates using the GET method, enabling HTTP requests to access data hosted on a server (HTTP/HTTPS).
To initiate these requests, Viz Flowics requires a specific URL that encompasses the necessary access information, including the token, for seamless data retrieval.
Requests for data updates can be made manually from the remote control or automatically every n seconds. For more information on data updating, please review the acquisition style configuration of this data connector.
- The App ID or authentication token must be added to the URL.
This data connector supports getting content from the following file formats:
- CSV (header data is read by default, with comma delimiter)
- TSV (tab delimiter, with the first row as header)
The charset must be correct and declared in the HTTP response headers. This is crucial for interpreting the text correctly, especially when dealing with data in different languages or encoding formats.
JSON, CSV, and TSV files all support data coercion, which allows users to get the correct data type for each property. For example, if the value of a property is "123," it may be returned as a string, number, array, or object. Viz Flowics automatically converts the property to a consistent data type, ensuring that all data is represented uniformly.
Here is an example of a JSON and a CSV for you to examine the structure and even create test graphics with these samples:
- JSON scoreboard sample: https://api.npoint.io/e9cd5ed0e0c0f3fcfdfc
- CSV lineups sample: https://api.myracepass.com/v3/broadcasts/lineups/demo
Simply copy the URL and paste it into the URL field in the dataset settings of this data connector. Find more detailed instructions below in this article.
Adding the Data Connector to the Graphics Editor
- Add an External Connector to the Elements Tree
- Click on Connect
3. From the External Source panel, select 'JSON Get'.
Setting up the JSON Get
You will be prompted to configure the dataset settings:
- Acquisition Style: Choose how to control data updates. This allows you to decide whether to synchronize data from the remote control manually (Attended) or enable automatic data updates periodically (Unattended).
- JSON, TSV, or CSV URL: Insert the URL hosting the content.