Bitfocus Companion is a powerful open source software that allows you through its built-in stream deck emulator control Flowics graphics as well as different presentation switchers, video playback software and broadcast equipment. It is also compatible with the Stream Deck El gato through its plugin that you can download directly from the Stream Deck Store.
Bitfocus will run a configuration wizard, whether you are a new user or upgrading, there are a number of settings you should review before using Companion. This wizard will walk you through the following configuration settings:
- USB Surface Detection Configuration.
- Remote Control Services.
- Admin GUI Password.
After completing, go to Connections:
- The first step is to Add a connection, we must look for Generic HTTP Request in the list the wizard installation.
- Add the connection.
- Verify that the status is OK .
Configuring buttons to control Flowics Graphics In the Buttons section we will add one to control overlay transitions.
- The first step is to select an empty button.
- Add a Regular Button
- Configure the look of the button, like name, color, image, etc.r
- Add an action, select http:PUT
Finally we must configure the URL and the Body of the action.
- Where n41 is your Overlay ID: for more information about Overlay ID here.
Where toggle (switch from one state to another) is one of the 3 states to control Flowics graphics, you can change it to in or out.
Bitfocus Companion + Stream Deck + Flowics
If you have a ELgato Stream Deck, you can carry your buttons created in Bitfocus using the Companion Button plugin. The first thing you have to do is in the Stream Deck store download Companion button.
The first thing to check is the connection between the Stream Deck software and Bitfocus Companion in the Surfaces section. Once validated, the next step is to add a button in the software as shown below.