Setting up a Story Mechanic
Use it to create a playlist of multiple interactions that will be presented to your audience one after the other.
To learn how to create Mechanics, click here.
1. Setting up your Story Mechanic
Before going into this setup process, please read what Flowics do to prevent deceptive practices like trolling and bots.
(1) It is a good practice naming your mechanic so that you and your teammates can identify it for later use or reviewing metrics.
(2) Use this field to type your question.
(4) Add a Web image to use it for web/mobile app integrations. Max size 3MB.
(6) Add a Broadcast Image. Max size 5MB
(7) Enable it to mark an answer as correct. Use it for trivia.
(8) If you add a Scoring to your Story, then you can set the max and minimum score range and if you also add a Votes interaction to your Story, then you can set the number of votes that each user of your audience will have to distribute.
(9) When working with a story, you may add different interaction types such as poll, scoring or votes distribution.
2. Other Settings
- Restrict the number of times a user can submit their votes and these counts as valid votes. To do this use the Allowed Votes setting.
- Filter the counting of the votes picking a geographical location using the Allowed Countries option.
- Connect flows (A) to collect votes coming from social content for each option.
- Edit Producer votes (B) where you can inject votes to your options, this way you can control the mechanic's results.
3. Web Integration
It is a requirement to create a Page with a Story widget for web rendering so that your users can participate in the Story mechanic by submitting their votes.
4. Broadcast Integration
- For integration with Graphics systems to display results on air, you can use a Mechanic Broadcast Data Source.
- For Live Streaming integrations with Desktop-based or Cloud production tools, encoders, and switchers, you can create Cloud Graphics with a Story Widget and a Mechanic Provider .